Just in case you have missed the latest news:
Spelthorne, and the rest of Surrey as well as London, will be placed into Tier 2, once the national restrictions come to an end on 2 December.
Until Wednesday 2 December, you must:
- stay at home, except for specific purposes.
- avoid meeting people you do not live with, except for specific purposes.
- certain businesses and venues must close.
After the restrictions come to an end, the new rules for Spelthorne will be:
- no mixing of households indoors, apart from support bubbles and a maximum of six outdoors
- bars and pubs must close, unless operating as restaurants. Alcohol can only be served with substantial meals. Last orders at 10pm and must be closed by 11pm
- retail can be open
- entertainment centres, e.g, cinemas, can be open
- personal care, e.g. hairdressers can be open
- we should reduce the number of journeys where possible and avoid travel to tier 3 areas
- overnight stays are permitted with a household or support bubble
- hotels can be open
- if we can work from home, we should do so
- schools, colleges, universities can remain open as well as registered childcare
- we can attend places of worship but cannot interact with anyone outside our household or support bubble
- 15 people can attend weddings, civil partnerships, wedding receptions and wakes; 30 for funerals
- classes and organised adult sport can take place outdoors, but not indoors if there is any interaction with people from different households Organised activities for elite athletes, under-18s and disabled people can continue.
- indoor leisure centres are open
Would you like to become a local Covid Champion? If so, see previous story below.