Along with other residents' associations across the Borough, LoSRA was invited by the Leader of Spelthorne Council to take part in the newly formed Residents' Forum on 21st September. A fairly detailed list of concerns was submitted in advance by our Chairman and, unsurprisingly, many of those concerns were shared Borough-wide.
The following is an extract from the email which has now been received by our Chairman:
"Thank you for confirming to wish to join our Residents Forum and for clarifying details of your priorities of concerns.
"We have in the first instance established, as was expected, that there are a number of shared concerns and of course some more individual to your communities. I am able to clarify the priorities that have emerged as follows:
- Local Plan (including preserving green belt land within your community)
- Proposals for Unitary Authority
- HGV Traffic
- Regeneration of and Promoting & Supporting your High Street
- 20 MPH Speed Limits
Other individual issues raised:
- Ward Councillors Not Supporting Residents
- Police Authority
- Anti-Social Behaviour
- Studios Expansion – Increased Traffic Flow
- Eco Park
- Youth Provision
- Climate change
- Active Travel Plans
- Housing Policy – Increasing Developers contribution of Affordable Housing
- Poor conditions of Footpaths
- Litter along Main Roads – Removal of Shrubbery
"It has been helpful to establish these priorities and there will be an opportunity for us to at the very least discuss your collective concerns at our first meeting."